INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Project: FCPF-World Bank REDD+ Readiness (R-PP) Project
Agency: National REDD+ Office, Ministry of Climate Change, Government of Pakistan
Title of the Consultancy Services: Preparing a FGRM for REDD+ after an explicit assessment of Existing Feedback and Grievance Redressal Mechanisms (FGRM) &Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA), Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) and Safeguard Information System (SIS)
The forest carbon partnership facility (FCPF) is supporting the Government of Pakistan to reach REDD+ (Reduction of Emissions from deforestation and forest degradation) readiness by 2017, by when it is expected that international REDD+ regime maybe in place. Government of Pakistan has received a grant to support key pillars of readiness for the preservation of forests through private sector led carbon sequestration and carbon credit generation.
A part of the credit has been earmarked for the procurement of above titled consultancy services. Interested consulting firms are required to submit their Expressions of Interest giving general profile of the firm, information on relevant experience of work in and outside the country, relevant qualified and experienced personnel available for the assignment by 20 February 2017 to the National Project Director REDD+, on the under mentioned mailing address.
Selection shall be made in accordance with World Bank Procurement Guidelines on “Selection and Employment of Consultants Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers”, January 2011 Revised July 2014, using CQS Method of Selection.
Instructions for Consulting Firms may be downloaded from the web-site of Ministry of Climate Change, Government of Pakistan www.mocc.gov.pk and PPRA Website www.ppra.pk.org or can be obtained from the office of National Project Director, at the address given below.
National Project Director
FCPF-World Bank REDD+ Readiness (R-PP) Project
MINISTRY OF CLIMATE CHANGE
Adventure Foundation Pakistan Complex, Garden Avenue, National Park Area Islamabad
Instructions For Consulting Firms
For Submission of,
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
“Preparing a FGRM for REDD+ after an Explicit Assessment of Existing Feedback and Grievance Redressal Mechanisms (FGRM)&Developing Safeguards Information System (SIS) and Social and Environmental Management Framework (ESMF) through Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA)”
Readiness Preparation Proposal- Readiness Fund of the FCPF
The Federal Ministry of Climate Change
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
1. The Ministry of Climate Change invites eligible consulting firms/Joint Venture(s) with specific and proven competence and experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Eligible firm(s) should submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in English language along with relevant complete details of the qualification and experience requested under Part-II.
2. Interested consulting firm(s)/Joint Venture(s) must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform above services (e.g. descriptions of similar assignments, value of previous assignments, experience under similar conditions, availability of appropriate professionals etc.).
3. In accordance with World Bank Guidelines, an association of consultants can take either be in the form of joint venture (JV) or a subcontract (sub-consultancy). Therefore, the consultant submitting their Expression of Interest in association should clearly mention whether their association is a Joint Venture or Sub-consultancy. Moreover, under JV, each partner has to be reasonably qualified to take over the responsibilities and role of any of the partners in case one of them fails to perform or withdraws. Thus, the experience of all the firms in the JV will be considered for evaluation. In case of Sub-consultancy association, the Lead Firm must be clearly mentioned in the EOI.
- A consulting firm(s)/Joint Venture(s) will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”). The selection of the consultants will be made following “Selection Based on the Consultant’s Qualifications(CQS)” method.
- It is expected that the interested firm(s)/ joint venture(s) will have expertise in the areas of; legal aspects of environmental and social safeguards in forestry, with specialization of socio- environmental impact studies.
- The firms/joint ventures of consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the required services. Consultants with documented track of conducting similar work in past five years in any REDD+ country with sound knowledge of World Bank’s environmental and social safeguards policies will be required. Knowledge of Pakistan’s laws relating to the environment and social aspects will have due weightage. They should have a strong background of understanding of legal aspects of forestry issues and previously designed national and international conflict resolution/grievance redressal systems, particularly in forestry sector. Should have completed at least one similar project of this scale and complexity and in comparable organizations and geographical context. Due weightage shall be accorded for completing higher number of assignments.
- If the EOI consists of more than one volume, the applicant must clearly number the volumes constituting the EOI and provide an indexed table of contents for each volume. All documents should be securely bound.
- Guidelines for Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, can be accessed at the website: www.worldbank.org/procure.
(ESSENTIAL INFORMATION REQUIRED TO BE PROVIDED BY CONSULTANT)
1. Name, address, Phone, Fax and E-mail address along with postal and telegraphic address for the head office, branch offices and contact personnel.
2. Certificate of Registration of the firm as Legal Entity
3. Firm(s)/Joint venture(s) name, address, copy of the Registration Certificate with relevant professional bodies of the concerned Government, supported by latest/updated renewal, Country of Operations (if the firm is registered and operating in several countries). Memorandum/ Article of Association/ Partnership Deed or Joint Venture Agreement (if applicable) etc;
4. Names and short CVs of principals, proprietor, managing director, partners and directors, including their individual copy of the Registration Certificate with relevant professional bodies along with updated renewal.
5. Details of the technical personnel available with the firm either as permanent staff or retainer consultants with their qualifications and expertise, briefly.
6. Sound financial position with documentary evidence in the form of last three years audited financial accounts’ statement of the firm/joint venture members.
7. National Tax Number of the firm/joint venture/consortium members (for national firms).
8. Data Sheets of relevant (similar and specific experiences) assignments/works, duly substantiated, by the firm(s)/Joint Venture(s) members either completed or in progress, with the following details.
- Name of the Project
- Cost of the Project
- Name and address of the Client
- If case of association of Consultant(s), the type of association i.e. either JV or sub-consultants be mentioned clearly along with names and address of all the partners.
- Consultancy services rendered along with the Start & Completion Date.
- A firm, which was a partner in a previous joint venture(s), should furnish a statement providing details of work, component of works performed individually and its over-all share (percentage) in the works performed by the joint venture.
9. Any additional documents to support relevant experience of firm(s)/Joint Venture(s);
10. List and status of litigation/arbitration by the firm or any member of the joint venture(s) against a client, if any.
11. Affidavit from all the participating partners of the association confirming that: (a) applicant firm(s)/ joint venture(s) have never been blacklisted by any International, Government/Semi Government Organization and (b) All the information provided by the applicant firm(s)/ joint venture(s) is correct.